If you’re looking for some wall decor ideas for your living room, you’ve come to the right place. Here are a few tips and tricks to help you get started.
First, take a look at your living room’s overall design. What kind of style are you going for? Is it formal or informal? Do you want a cozy and inviting space or a more modern and sleek look? Once you have a good idea of the overall feel you’re going for, it will be easier to narrow down your choices for wall decor.
Next, think about what kind of art or photos you would like to hang on your walls. If you’re not sure, take a look around your home for inspiration. What do you have that makes you happy? What colors do you love? These are all great starting points when choosing wall decor.
If you’re stuck on ideas, there are plenty of resources available online and in magazines to help give you some inspiration. Pinterest is always a great place to start, as there are millions of images available that can provide plenty of ideas. You can also search Google Images or visit websites like Houzz for more specific ideas.
Once you have an idea of what kind of wall decor you want, it’s time to start shopping! There are many different places to find wall decor, so take your time and browse around until you find something that speaks to you. Online retailers like Amazon and Wayfair offer a wide variety of options, so be sure to check them out. Local home stores like Home Depot and Lowe’s also carry a good selection of wall decor items.
Finally, don’t forget about personalization! Adding your own personal touch to your living room is what will make it truly yours. Whether it’s adding family photos or hanging art that reflects your interests, make sure your living room reflects YOU!
01 Work With Sporting Equipment – Wall Decor Ideas
Whether you are a sports fan or not, chances are you have some sporting equipment around your house. Even if it’s just a pair of old sneakers or a baseball bat, sporting equipment can make great wall decor. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Hang a basketball hoop over your bed or in your living room. You can even use a mini hoop if you don’t have much space.
- Display your favorite team’s jersey in a frame.
- Hang a set of golf clubs on the wall as art.
- Arrange a group of sports balls in a decorative bowl or vase.
- Frame an old ticket stub from a game you attended.
- Hang up an old pennant or sign from your favorite team.
02 Hang up mirrors – Wall Decor Ideas
Wall decor can be so much more than just hanging up a few pictures. Mirrors are a great way to add light and depth to a room, and they can really help to brighten up your space. Here are a few tips on how to use mirrors as part of your wall decor:
1. Hang them at different heights. This will create an interesting look and add visual interest to the room.
2. Use them to reflect light. Mirrors can help to brighten up a room by reflecting light from windows or lamps.
3. Create a focal point. Hang a large mirror in an empty space on your wall to create a focal point for the room.
4. Mix and match shapes and sizes. Don’t be afraid to mix things up when it comes to mirrors – different shapes and sizes can add character to your space.
5. Get creative with framing. You can find mirrors with all sorts of different frames, or you can even frame them yourself!
03 Install shelving – Wall Decor Ideas
Installing shelving is a great way to add extra storage space to your home. It can also be a stylish way to display your favorite items. Here are some tips for installing shelving in your home:
1. Choose the right location. Shelving should be installed in a place where it will be both functional and stylish. For example, you might want to install shelving in your kitchen to hold cookbooks or in your living room to display family photos.
2. Measure the area where you want to install the shelving. This will help you determine how much shelving material you need.
3. Cut the shelving material to size using a saw or power tool. If you’re not comfortable using power tools, you can ask a friend or family member to help you with this step.
4. Attach the shelving material to the wall using screws or nails. Be sure to use wall anchors if necessary so that the shelves are securely attached.
5. Add whatever items you want to display on the shelves. Arrange them in a way that is both aesthetically pleasing and functional.
Also Read: How to Decorate Homes for the Holidays
04 Go for Large-Scale Paintings
If you want to make a big impact in your home décor, go for large-scale paintings. They will add color and personality to any room, and they can really tie a space together. Here are a few tips on how to choose the right painting for your home:
1. Consider the size of the room. You don’t want a painting that is too small or too large for the space. Measure the wall where you plan to hang the painting, and then shop accordingly.
2. Think about the colors in the room. You want the painting to complement the existing colors, not clash with them. If you’re not sure what will work, bring paint samples with you when you go shopping for art.
3. Consider your personal style. What kind of art do you like? Abstract? Landscapes? Portraits? Narrow down your choices so you can focus on finding a painting that you love.
4. Don’t be afraid to spend a little extra money on a quality piece of art. It will last longer and make a bigger impact than a cheap print from the local big box store.
5. Have fun! Choosing a painting is an opportunity to express your personality and taste. Go with your gut instinct, and you’ll end up with something you love looking at every day
05 Organize a Gallery Wall
If you have a lot of wall space in your home, you may be wondering how to best fill it. A gallery wall is a great option! Not only does it add interest and visual appeal, but it can also be a great way to organize and display your favorite art, photos, and other mementos.
Here are some tips for creating a beautiful gallery wall:
1. Choose a theme or style. This will help you narrow down your choices and make the overall design more cohesive. For example, you could choose to display all black-and-white photos, or focus on nature-themed artwork.
2. Gather your items. Once you know what you want to include in your gallery wall, start gathering up the pieces. You can use frames of different sizes and shapes, or go for a more eclectic look with unframed items like postcards or concert tickets.
3. Play around with the layout before committing to anything. This step is key! Use painter’s tape or Post-It notes to map out where each item will go before putting any holes in your walls. That way, you can make sure you’re happy with the final result before hanging anything up permanently.
4. Hang everything up! Once you’ve decided on the perfect layout, it’s time to start hanging things up! Start with the larger pieces first and work your way down to the smaller ones. Use level to make sure everything is straight, and step back periodically to admire your handiwork!
06 Architectural Accent Wall
An architectural accent wall can really make a room pop. It can also be a great way to add some depth and interest to a room that might otherwise be quite plain. If you are not sure how to go about creating an architectural accent wall, there are plenty of resources available online or at your local hardware store. Once you have decided on the perfect location for your accent wall, it is time to start planning your design. There are many different ways that you can go about this, so take some time to browse through some home decor magazines or search online for inspiration. Once you have an idea of what you want, it will be much easier to narrow down your choices and choose the perfect materials and colors for your space. When it comes time to actually put up your accent wall, make sure that you take care to do it properly. This is not a job that should be rushed; take your time and make sure that everything is level and even before you start attaching anything to the wall. If you are not confident in your ability to do this yourself, there is no shame in hiring a professional to help you out. Once your accent wall is up, enjoy it! This is a great way to show off your personal style and make your home look more pulled together. Guests will definitely notice and appreciate the extra effort that you put into making your home look its best.
07 Create a basket wall
Add storage and style to your home with a basket wall! This easy DIY project is a great way to declutter any space and add some farmhouse charm. All you need are some baskets, hooks, and a few other supplies. Start by deciding where you want your basket wall to go.
A blank wall in the entryway or Mudroom would be perfect! Then, gather your supplies. You’ll need some baskets ( Wire baskets are my personal favorite), cotton rope or jute twine, S-hooks, hot glue, and a level. Once you have everything you need, it’s time to start creating! Begin by attaching your S-hooks to the wall using hot glue or Command strips. Space them out evenly, and use a level to make sure they’re straight. Then, cut lengths of rope or twine and loop them through the hooks.
Now comes the fun part- filling up your baskets! Fill them with anything you want- towels, blankets, throws, hats, gloves, etc. The possibilities are endless! Once they’re full, adjust the height of the baskets by tightening or loosening the rope until they’re all at the same level. And that’s it- you’re done!
08 Try removable wall Art
Removable wall art is a great way to add some personality to your home without having to worry about damage to your walls. It’s also a great option if you’re renting and can’t paint or make permanent changes to the space. There are lots of options available when it comes to removable wall art. You can find decals in just about any size, shape, or design that you can imagine. You can also find them made from different materials, so if you’re looking for something more durable or waterproof, there are options for that as well.
One of the great things about removable wall art is that you can change it up as often as you like. If you get bored with one design, simply peel it off and replace it with something new. This is a great way to keep your space looking fresh and new without having to put too much effort into it.
When shopping for removable wall art, be sure to look for ones that are easy to apply and remove. Some require special tools or adhesive, so be sure to read the instructions before purchasing. And if you’re not sure how something will look in your space, try asking a friend or family member for their opinion before making a final decision.
09 Floating Shelves
Are you looking for a way to spruce up your home décor? Well, have you ever considered using floating shelves?
These shelves are not only stylish but also very functional. Here are some of the many benefits of using floating shelves in your home:
1. They Can Help Maximize Space If you have a small home or apartment, then you know how important it is to make use of every square inch of space. And that’s where floating shelves come in handy. By mounting them directly onto your walls, you can free up floor space and create additional storage space.
2. They’re Easy to Install Another great thing about floating shelves is that they’re relatively easy to install. You won’t need any specialized tools or equipment. In most cases, all you’ll need is a screwdriver and some screws.
3. They Come in a Variety Of Styles and Materials Floating shelves are available in a variety of styles and materials, so you’re sure to find something that matches your existing décor. From sleek and modern metal shelves to rustic wooden ones, there’s definitely something for everyone. And if you want to get really creative, you can even find DIY kits that let you build your own custom-made floating shelves.
4.They’re Incredibly Versatile
Floating shelves can be used for a variety of purposes, including storing books, displaying photos and decorative items, or even using them as a makeshift desk or countertop surface. The sky really is the limit when it comes to their versatile uses.
Also Read: 5 Killer Home Improvement Ideas To Tackle In 2022
10 Document your travels with a personalized map
When it comes to home decor, there are few things more unique and personal than a map documenting your travels. Whether it’s a map of the world or just a map of your home country, having a physical representation of your journeys is a great way to add some personality to your space.
There are a few different ways you can go about creating a travel map. You can buy one pre- made, or create your own using any number of online tools. If you’re feeling creative, you could even try making your own from scratch. Whichever route you decide to go, the important thing is that you end up with a map that reflects your personal style and represents all the places you’ve been.
Once you have your map, there are endless possibilities for how to decorate with it. You could frame it and hang it on the wall, or prop it up on a shelf or console table. You could even get creative and use it as part of a larger collage or gallery wall. Wherever you choose to put it, your travel map will be sure to add some character to your space and serve as a reminder of all the amazing places you’ve been fortunate enough to visit.
2 thoughts on “10 Best Wall Decor Ideas for Living Room”